Concrete is an affordable, renewable, safe and easy resource with which to experiment. Cement projects are often easy enough to do yourself, but even large scale projects done by experts can be within a limited budget. There’s so much you can do with concrete, but it’s often overlooked as a boring or basic material. Whether you’re a homeowner looking to improve the value of your home, a gardener wanting to take your green thumb game to the next level, a coach or athlete looking for a competitive edge or just a crafty artist looking for your next project – think concrete.
- Sport Courts – A cement pad for basketball, tennis, speed work or strength work can be HUGE for your training. Lay a half-court-sized concrete slab with a hoop. Lay a small square pad with speed training boxes and drills painted and sealed in waterproof coating. Lay a tennis or pickleball court if you’ve got the space. You could take your skill to the next level and become the most popular home in the neighborhood.
- Concrete Garden Landscaping – Concrete planter boxes are the next big thing. You can customize the size and shape, even create them to fit snugly against the side of your house or deck. You can also create concrete walkways, stepping stones, curbs or retaining walls. These cement projects are easy upgrades that will give your yard some major wow factor.
- Outdoor Entertaining – Pour yourself a spacious back porch or deck, or extend the one you already have. You can even consider adding smaller slabs of cement off to the side to house your barbeque grill, water hoses or yard accessories. Do you have a walkway into your backyard? If not you can add stepping stones or a small cement sidewalk to guide friends and family to the backyard party.
- Garage Upgrades – Repair the existing concrete in your garage, or seal it with a handsome epoxy coating. Epoxy coatings are quick, easy and incredibly protective of your oft-used garage concrete. Not to mention they look amazing! Adding epoxy coatings are a simple way to add some nice value and visual appeal to your home.
- DIY Decor Projects – Cement is becoming a more and more popular material for DIY art and decor projects. Drawer pulls, candle holders, planters, even wall art can feature cement in new and interesting ways. You thought it was just for driveways and sidewalks? Look here and think again.
- Countertop Upgrades – One of the very best concrete projects is upgrading your countertop to acid-stained concrete. It’s smooth, durable, sustainable and can be customized to your color specifications. For the same price as tacky formica countertops you can get the look of expensive marble at a fraction of the cost! It’s a home run!
Don’t write off concrete. There’s so much you can do with concrete, and it’s so affordable and durable. Everyone’s got a project they’d like to do (or their wife would like them to do!). Check out Hard Rock Concrete professionals for your next project.