We’re in full swing of winter, with 6 more weeks ahead – are YOU ready for it? Sometimes during winter we catch ourselves just waiting for spring, and assuming it’s on its way. Instead, we should be preparing as best we can for the winter days that we’re in, so we can meet them head on.
Take a minute today or this weekend to assess your garage’s winter preparedness, and make a few changes to help you better tackle the winter days still to come! We’re helping by providing this handy list of winter garage essentials for you to consider.
Winter Garage Essentials
- Shovel and/or Snowblower: Of course you need to have these handy, especially for those late snows that surprise everyone. Store these somewhere convenient and consider mounting a shovel with hooks to the wall to save space.
- De-Icer: As long as you use this sparingly and rinse once the risk of freezing is over, de-icer shouldn’t harm your concrete. Keep a bucket or bag with a scoop near the door so you can quickly de-ice walkways when you have guest coming over. It’s for safety!
- Cold Weather Clothing: Mount a rack of hooks inside your garage specifically for storing your cold weather clothing. Hang coats, hats, gloves, scarves, and even snow pants on these hooks for easy and accessible storage.
- Water Bucket: Consider keeping a bucket in your garage that you can fill with warm water to rinse your garage out every week or so. Your cars are bringing in snow and mud, which are dripping onto your concrete floors. Cleaning concrete floors is easy, so long as you do it quickly. Rinse the dirt and mud from your garage floors every week, or more often if you bring in lots of grime.
- Epoxy Concrete Coatings: The very best way to keep your garage clean and non-slippery during winter months is to invest in an expoxy concrete coating for your garage’s concrete floors. It looks amazing, provides better grip, protects your concrete, and allows snow, mud, and even oil to be more easily removed. Plus you don’t have to worry about cracking or crumbling concrete.
If you take a few steps to level up your garage this winter, it can benefit you all year long. See where dead space can be used to store helpful tools, and keep it clean for better performance. If you’re ready for expoxy concrete floors in your garage, call Hard Rock Concrete Coatings.